Monday, February 23, 2009
My girls
We spent the afternoon and evening babysitting JRose, who changes so much in the span of a couple of weeks. She's eating with a fork now, a real, adult sized fork, and I got a great video of her eating a cut up hot dog with that fork. She is too cute for words. I'm really proud of the parenting job that my daughter and son in law are performing. JRose is so happy, so smart, and so outgoing. She's 14 months old now, and gives kisses and high fives. I had the honor of reading Goodnight Moon to her at bedtime. That classic bedtime story was her mother's favorite, and I used to read it to her as well, 23 years ago. It seems like yesterday. Twenty four years ago, my life was changed when my daughter was born. Since I was adopted, she was my first blood relative, and I cannot explain the emotion I felt when she was laid on my stomach after her birth....when I held her that first time, and saw that she had my nose, my hands, and my eyes. She rocked my world. Now, her daughter has rocked my world in the same way. JRose is the light of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment