Did you ever feel like you were on the edge of something, something unknown, but that you just couldn't see past the present day? If you are not familiar with space related terms, an event horizon is the edge of a black hole. It is the point of no return, where light can no longer 'escape'. It is almost where time seems to stand still. If you were traveling into a black hole, when you reached the event horizon, you would seem to freeze in place, and then you would elongate and stretch out like a piece of spaghetti. In the continuum of space-time, it could be argued that the event horizon is the beginning and the end of all matter. It is the point of being where matter becomes energy.
I sense that something is about to happen. I don't know whether it will be a good, positive event, or something more insidious. Perhaps it will be a neutral event that some assign positive attributes and some assign negative attributes. I do have faith that things will work out for Good in the end, but I believe that the near future might be a bit troublesome for both me personally and for humanity in general. I revived this blog in the hope that by journaling my thoughts and feelings, I might be able to shine a light into the darkness.
While I am not religious in the traditional sense, I am very spiritual. I feel that my lifestyle allows me to connect more with the natural world. Most people live in such a face paced lifestyle that they don't see what I see, they don't hear what I hear, they don't feel what I feel. When one plants a seed and waits for that seed to germinate, then waits for those first leaves to develop, then waits for the maturation of the plant to harvest the leaves, fruit, seed or flower...when one does all of that, they synchronize with the natural world. That synchronicity slows down the pace of life. Once someone steps off the merry go round long enough to see the forest, the trees and all the creatures and life that resides within the forest, then they have a chance to resynchronize their own lives and once they do that, they will have time to think about how interconnected we all are, and how important it is to live sustainably, to live within one's means, to live simply and reduce one's footprint.
There are too many people on the planet and I fear that we won't learn our sustainability lessons in time to save ourselves. Earth will take corrective action if need be. She may already be doing some of that-could that be what I sense is near? What can I do to be more prepared?
No comments:
Post a Comment