Monday, February 16, 2009

Gardening Woops!

Tonight I realized that I forgot to sow eggplant seeds. I was looking over my garden spreadsheet (you know you are hopelessly addicted to growing things when you need a spreadsheet to remember what you plant, when you planted it, etc.-either that you suffer from CRS as I do ) and realized that I somehow omitted them when I planted my tomatoes and peppers last week. Skyguy, um, that would be DH's new blog name, located the wayward seeds and while doing so decided that we like like homemade Adobo so well that we really should be growing paprika peppers. So, I soaked some additional peat pots and we now have planted Violetta di Firenza eggplant and Alma Paprika peppers. Skyguy has developed a taste for vegetables that he once dismissed, especially veggies that can be roasted on the grill, so I am hoping that eggplant will be among the list of newly acquired tastes. My long lost friend Sandy A. is Italian. She lives in Rhode Island now, but for a time she lived here in GA and we were neighbors and friends. One of the things she taught me was how to make eggplant lasagna, the Italian way. It was time consuming, but delicious.
Skyguy added a fluorescent light to my seed starting shelves. Now, with two lights, I can spread out the flats a bit and not have to rotate the flats under the one light. I really need to thin out the broccoli, cauliflower, Chinese cabbage, and Pak Choi, but for whatever reason, I've been procrastinating. I keep thinking that if I wait a bit longer, I could actually transplant the pricked/thinned plants to another pot. I suppose I will add that to my to do list for tomorrow and quit procrastinating. I can always add the thinnings to our salads tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

How are the peat pots working out? I am bad to leave them soaking too long. They sort of disintigrate and I am left with peat-y water.

Post a Comment