Saturday, February 14, 2009

Avocadoholism

Is there a 12 step group for avocadoholics? I swear I am addicted to guacamole and avocados, something I never ate before 3 months ago. I tell myself that it is healthy- all veggies, no dairy or meat, good dietary fat, but I can't help but wonder why I am craving it. I have this gut feeling that the body craves what it needs, or at least cravings are indicators of potential issues. I have noticed that in the last 3 or 4 months, I do seem to be eating more veggies, more raw food, more fruit, and less red meat. Here's how I've been making my guacamole, and this makes a large bowl of it.

5 avocados, peeled, pitted, and mashed
1 large onion, softball sized, finely minced
3/4 cup picante sauce, mine is on the fiery side
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
lime juice, maybe 1/4 cup
1 heaping tsp of kosher salt
2 serrano or jalepeno peppers, minced
3 or more radished, grated (optional topping, but it adds to the flavor)
Mix it together and chow down with some tortilla chips or just use the guac as a condiment on Mexican food or salads or whatever.
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment