me, I'm sure. Finns are often described as dour, serious, boring folks. My family has been trying to help me overcome this affliction, and my daughter has introduced me to a website called Failblog.Org. (http://failblog.org/) Trust me, it's funny. The blog consists of a pictures that are funny or ironic, and the subject matter is further divided into categories like Lolcats, Loldogs, LolCelebs, Look-Alikes, Engrish, etc. Now, I'm a dog person, but the Lolcats page is really funny. Engrish is always worth a chuckle, too, the Harei Davehong Motorcycled/Harley Davidson Motorcycles belt buckle image from this post came from this page: http://engrishfunny.com/page/3/ You can even set the site to show only G-rated material so hopefully you will smile and not take offense. By far though, in my opinion, the Fail pictures and video are the best.
You may get plenty of laughter in your day, but I generally don't. TV sitcoms almost never make me laugh-I find them stupid for the most part and I really dislike the slapstick in some programs. I've always liked more intelligent humor, and there is a good bit of that on Failblog. Laughter is good medicine for whatever ails you. The brain releases endorphins which kill pain and bring about feelings of well-being. A good laugh can make you forget all about how badly your feet hurt or how sore your back is. I believe that laughing as stress relief is just as important as exercise and diet for overall good health, as it certainly must boost the immune system. Laughter may very well be the best medicine, as the Reader's Digest suggested.
So check out the Failblog. If you know of other similar sites, let me know. I need the laughs. I suppose Youtube fills this void for some folks, but I'm on dialup so images are better than video.
No comments:
Post a Comment