As a part of our 'Live Life to the Fullest' mantra, we went on a riverboat sightseeing and dinner cruise this evening with my folks on the Tennessee River up in Chattanooga. They

had a Spring Break Special which amounted to 50% off, so it was a great deal.
http://www.chattanoogariverboat.com/I can't believe how much fun it was-Skyguy definitely needed this break from reality. The economy creates a lot of stress, and if you add in family trouble, well, let's just say he *needed* this outing. The food was grea

t(prime rib and shrimp creole), the entertainment was good, and the weather held out. I think my parents enjoyed themselves as much as we did, at least I hope so. Tonight, I am thankful that my family cares about my Skyguy and is willing to pay our way and join us in going to places like this. I'm not a city person, but the mixture of the old architecture, the new architecture and Nature's architecture, was inspiring. Chattanooga is a unique city, molded by the Tennessee river which flows right through the middle of town and protected by Lookout Mountain above. It is rather fitting that the city's motto is "A Great City by Nature". Rivers hold the same sway for me as the ocean does for some folks-all that water, the power of the water, ever flowing....whether I am on the bank, in a canoe, on the Delta Queen or a just a touristy riverboat, I just feel transported back into time.
One of the sites I saw was the legendary Delta Queen. I rode on this paddlewheeler back in 1979

in New Orleans. Now, it is being turned into a floating hotel on the river in Chattanooga. It was very cool to see her again. I wish I were a better photographer. The bridges and the way the sunlight illuminated them was spectacular, but I could not capture this on film. As it got dark I had even more trouble capturing the views.

If you visit Chattanooga, skip the Choo Choo, See Rock City, visit the Tennessee Aquarium(it is the building with the pointy roofs) and treat yourself to a riverboat dinner cruise. Be sure and talk to the crew to learn about the river and the industry and activities you see along the way.
1 comment:
That is just what *I* need too! Too bad Utah isn't closer to Tennessee. :-(
I love your pics, and especially love the last one with the arches framing the bridge.
I'm glad that you had such a great time.
Post a Comment