I was mesmerized by this site, alternating between extreme heartache over the living conditions of the people, and profound admiration for not only their intelligence and ingenuity, but for their determination to find a way to make something work. I could spend hours reading this site and exploring the various related links. This is homesteading in it's purest form, making do with what you have, innovation showing no bounds. I've fallen in love with this work ethic motto from the site:
"Never expect magic from no where"
Be sure and click on the categories at the right margin. The 'gadget' category is a good place to start. Some stories crossover into multiple category tags.
In the same vein, I found a few other sites which are also worth your time to look at for ideas and ways to improve your homestead or live in a more sustainable way.
http://www.downsizer.net/
This page from that site discussed scythe ownership, something a few of us discussed recently:
http://tinyurl.com/lbecz6
http://kickstart.org/home/index.html
http://www.tfsr.org/
This site even has a manual for rebuilding and refurbishing Singer sewing machines like the one I have-the one I love:
http://tinyurl.com/2lmo6r
http://makezine.com/ http://timbuktuchronicles.blogspot.com/
http://www.farmingsolutions.org/
It seems strange that our culture here in the US only gives lipservice to sustain
No comments:
Post a Comment