Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fascism and Socialism

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/17/vets-group-blasts-obama-plan-private-insurance-pay-service-related-health-care/

Obama’s willing to give taxpayer money to corrupt corporations like AIG as a bailout, yet, in a weird turn of events, he expects private insurance companies to reimburse the Department of Veterans Affairs for care of vets? What?? That makes no sense at all! In my opinion, when someone volunteers to serve his country, and pays a price for that service, then the Federal Government is morally and legally obligated to pay for any medical expenses that are incurred due to that service. I agree with the veterans organizations on this one. It seems that in the last year or so, the federal government's domestic policy parallels it's foreign policy in that there is no set rule or guidelines to play by and things are handled willy-nilly on the fly.

It seems that the government will merge with and bailout corporations it feels it can control for power or profit, and yet throws other corporations to the wind. The government has reduced itself to the corporate level of action. According to the former Fascist dictator of Italy, Benito Musselini , this is fascism. Consider his words:

Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.”

“State intervention in economic production arises only when private initiative is lacking or insufficient, or when the political interests of the State are involved. This intervention may take the form of control, assistance or direct management.”

Democracy is talking itself to death. The people do not know what they want; they do not know what is the best for them. There is too much foolishness, too much lost motion. I have stopped the talk and the nonsense. I am a man of action. Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy. You in America will see that some day.”

I’ve been doing some reading-call it continuing education, because in high school and college, I was a math/science person, and had zero interest in history or economics. I know that I am not alone, so I will pass on ideas or quotes like the above that impact me, and hopefully it will impact you, so if I am way off base in your opinion, feel free to throw in your own ideas.

I’ve been studying the difference between Fascism and Socialism and Communism and how a country succumbs to these oppressive regimes. It doesn’t happen overnight; it is not a goal of revolution, and there is not usually a mass wave of fascism that sweeps a populace. My interest in this was piqued when a former friend (sadly) of mine once referred to the Bush administration as Fascist, and that precipitated my curiosity about it. Of course, since Obama has risen to power, many have said he is a socialist, or would lead the country to socialism. It was all rather confusing. I think our destiny is a bit more complex than simply the ideology of the President. Mismanagement of oversights and corruption within the Congress for more than 10 years has weakened our economy and created a mess blamed on the Bush Administration, but they only share partial responsibility because it was the Congressional Democrats (Dodd, Frank, Pelosi, Kerry) that created the economic time bomb out of personal greed. When it all fell apart, the action taken by Paulson changed us from a capitalist republic to a socialist republic. Many had great hopes for Obama’s economic plan, but now, after even more bailouts, I wonder which path we are really on. I think the problem goes beyond party politics. We got into this mess because of greed. IMO, Paulson, Dodd, Frank, Pelosi and Reid are the Madoffs of the administration, and care more about lining their own pockets than about the welfare of the country they were sworn to serve. It is criminal.
But I digress.
Consider this quote by Frederick Hayak on the rise of Fascism in Europe and the rise of Nazi Germany to power, in his book The Road to Serfdom(bolding is my emphasis on keywords):

“What, then, caused these views held by a reactionary minority [Fascists] finally to gain the support of the great majority of Germans and practically the whole of Germany’s youth? It was not merely the defeat, the suffering, and the wave of nationalism which led to their success… On the contrary, the support which brought these ideas to power came precisely from the socialist camp. It was certainly not through the bourgeoisie, but rather through the absence of a strong bourgeoisie, that they were helped to power."

In this case, the bourgeoisie is the production class, those workers that actually create a product. Here, today, our middle class is not only weak, but disappearing. With Obama’s share the wealth tax plans and socialistic plans for education of ‘youth’ from birth and through adulthood-an agenda that will push a leftist ideology and create a homogenous, socialized serfdom-society, I can’t help but wonder are we setting the stage for a future dictator like Musselini, to rule a country where the people are at the mercy of the corporations of the government? Are we already there? Does anyone know? Does anyone care?

Most people don’t understand economic theory, and even those in power, like a President, will often put trust in one or two people, but do we really know their agenda? Is Wall Street the shiny thing that distracts us from government corporations? We watch Wall Street and the Dow, but who was watching when AIG gave bailout money as bonuses? With education floundering, do people know or care that we are moving towards fascism, or are they too busy with social networking or gaming or other self indulgent activities to look at anything but the shiny thing? Clarence Thomas is right on target when he states this our generation doesn’t know how to sacrifice. We give lip service to it, but that is all. We will put a bumper sticker on our car that says we support the troops, but how many of us volunteer to help those who return with injuries, or help the families of those lost in the wars. Our culture is about self aggrandizement, and while we are all admiring ourselves in the mirror, the world around us is collapsing, and soon the trance electronica state will disappear, because with Fascism comes oppression. Privacy and freedom are almost illusions as it is. Every day, I read about how many cameras follow our daily actions and how many electronic signatures we leave as our mark on the world. Everything is falling into place for the next great dictator. The technology is there, the support is there, the only thing missing is the dictator himself. From the beginning, my concern during these past elections has been the lack of checks and balances in government, and now President Obama is consolidating even more power in the Executive Branch. With ACORN’s ‘help’ in the 2010 census undertaking, the Fed will soon be able to manipulate the states as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/17/lawmakers-concerned-role-acorn-census/

I want to be very clear about this. While I believe it is obvious that I lean towards the right-more conservative than liberal, I do not have an axe to grind with Barack Obama. IMO he's done some good things already, but I feel that our President, like the President before him and the one before him, etc. are simply puppets who are led down a path that is pushing our society ever closer to collapse in order to promote a one world government, one currency, one economy, etc. This process began many years ago, but I feel that we are now in the final preparatory days.

No comments:

Post a Comment